My Name is Bond, Screed Bond
Yeah ok, we are starting out pretty corny and you would expect me to say “My name is Bond, James Bond.” But I won’t. We at CSC are really lucky to be located not too far away from the Pinewood film studios. In fact our screed has appeared in two previous Bond movies.
It’s all very hush hush at the moment as you would expect of Her Majesty’s Secret Service. Psst, don’t tell anyone, but this is on a “need to know basis”, we have been on the latest Bond set and we have screeded some really cool areas of the film set. Pity we can’t say anymore, or show you any pictures apart from these which do not reveal any details.
In many ways this project is a real feather in our cap, but at the same time breaks our hearts. The screed has to be perfect and hard wearing to support the film crew, camera equipment and supporting kit . However once the shoot is over, our screed is quite simply trashed. Our work junked! Never. But there you go, one has to adapt and this is something we can’t refuse.
The client prepared the area for us, which was perfect and our screed could then be laid quite thin which provided for an optimal dry time. We were even able to polish the screed to quite a high level to make the set look great.
As you can imagine, members of the screeding team at CSC made a small stampede in an effort to get selected for this out of the ordinary job once the details had been confirmed by our MD, Spencer Warner.
To make sure there were no issues our MD double teamed the screeders to ensure the job was completed in record time. A film set is unlike any other job where the trades are all working to very tight timescales and with the camera potentially showing your work to millions for years and years to come, you simply cannot get it wrong. One simply cannot go back, the work has to be delivered, installed perfectly and with no room for errors. We have a passion for this sort of stuff.
So how many puns can we come up with?
- On Her Majesty’s Screed Service (This is our 3rd bond film)
- You only screed once (Our professionalism does not allow twice)
- Dr Screed (Actually the name is “The Screed Doctor”, check him out)
- Screed Royale (Will Kensington do? Billionaires walk on our screed)
- Screedfall (You bet, we can screed to falls)
- Live and Let Screed (Prepare the site and let us work, you’ll have your floor in a jiffy)
- The Screed Who Loved Me (Dried fast, get your project rolling)
- The Screed is Not Enough (Did you level survey?)
- Screedfinger (This is a health and safety announcement, wear gloves, always)
- The Man with the Golden Screed (That’s the Screed Scientist, the perfect screed)
- Screeds are Forever (With the right specification, why not?)
- Screed Another Day (Bring it on, everyday is a screeding day for us)
- Quantum of Screed (QS is important to us)
- Screed Never Dies (From us, the screed will last)
- For Your Screed Only ( A personal service, always)
- ThunderScreed (The pumps and tripods do roar a bit)
- A View to a Screed (Dont walk on it, until dry, perform a moisture test)
- The Living Screed (For up to 110 days, so watch out, choose a fast drying screed)
- GoldenScreed (We would like that, in our MD’s house at least. )
- Licence to Screed (This is not funny when you have a “botch” job, get the pros in, every time)
- OctoScreed (Our screed pipes behave like this sometimes)
- MoonScreed (We want to be the first!!)
- Never Say Never Screed (If there is a will, there is a screed)
- Screed (This is the latest one “Spectre”, and we are proud to have played our part)
Ok, this blog post was a bit of fun. While we might all be smiling, we certainly do not play games with our work or with our customers. Check out our portfolio of work or download our case studies to find out how we might help you. Please do call us on 0845 500 4055 and we would be delighted to discuss your next project.
Check out our ContractScreed blog and find out how we might help you. Please do call us on 0845 500 4055 and we would be delighted to discuss your next project.